This is a list of gadgets I would like but don't seem to exist.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Technology gadgets/features in gadgets I wish existed

This is my blog of gadgets I wished existed. Every time I think of something I will try to post here.

  1. A Wi-fi entertainment server where you connect all your media inputs which will broadcast in your home. For this to completely work it needs to take internet, cable, dish and any other crap. And there should be a simple player which can select the stuff it is broadcasting. Ideally I would like this to be part of the display devices like TVs. This should be capable of storing large number of music files, films, recorded shows (DVR) and should be able to receive multiple inputs. (slingbox comes very close but it does not have DVR and needs a PC to display)
  2. An ipod based wifi-PDA/Cellphone. (see my Things to do with dell axim x30) Even though, my dell axim can play mp3s and can act like a wireless phone with skype, I would like a ipod-cool product.
  3. A navigation system which is capable of showing selected points of interest (like rest-stops, starbucks or pizzahuts) when we want them without having to search for them while we are driving by them. (see my Magellan Roadmate 360 review)
  4. A phone which can combine skype or some VOIP phone with the regular phone.
  5. A software application which will fetch all the news I am interested into my laptop (see my shopping for laptops in holiday season 2005) for offline browsing from places where I am not connected to internet. ( update on 2/6/06, it appears you could do something like this with IE, look at this link at microsoft.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home